Prosthodontics is the dental specialty pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation and maintenance of the oral function, comfort, appearance and health of patients with clinical conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth and/or oral and maxillofacial tissues using biocompatible substitutes. It includes the speciality of implants, esthetic and reconstructive dentistry. Restoration of oral function is done through prostheses and restorations,(i.e., complete dentures, crowns, implant retained/supported restorations). Using state ofthe art procedures, the prosthodontist is often viewed as the "architect" of a restorative dental treatment plan.
This department has evolved over the years to match the international standards. Now the department has following facilities:
- MDS programme was started in 2004 with an intake of4 student’s .In 2009 the seats were enhanced to 6.
- Departmental library is adequately stocked with text books and internet facility.
- Two well equiped departmental laboratory, one each for undergraduates and post graduates.
- Three labs for pre-clinical prosthodontic work including a phantom head Iab,ceramic Iab,metal and acrylic lab.
- Induction casting, ceramic furnaces, fIexible denture systems, composite curing unit, vacupress etc as per.
Our PG students are regularly encouraged to attend various national and international conferences and present paper/poster/table clinic and have won various awards in the same.
Our PG students have to their name, publications in various reputed international and nationaljournals. The department is actively iinvolved in conducting free identure camps every week for tpoor patients from rural areas.The Institute has adopted nearby schools old Gage homes as well as Model Jail Lucknow for free dental camps.